Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Balance

When I joined the fifty and beyond nation I implemented a simple change that enriched my life tremendously. Balance. Now this concept of balance governs everything I do. In short, I allocate certain amounts of time to health maintenance, intellectual pursuits, hobbies, career and entertainment. Here's an example of how it works. Every morning I wake up early enough so I can read in bed for an hour. Five days a week, I walk two miles. I spend three hours a day on my writing. I watch television for two hours a day and am very selective about my choice of programs. I could go on, but you get the idea.

The critical point is this: Don't allocate so much time to one life activity that you end up skimping on or skipping another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: